Sunday, May 01, 2011

Just Plain Bob


My heart, like many others, has been saddened this week at the news that a preacher, teacher, Mentor, and friend, Bob Lowery has come to the end of his journey. I first met him as the minister at the Villa Grove Christian Church when I presided at the funeral of Marilyn's, Bob's wife, Grandmother. I was intimidated when he walked in. My first thought was Dr.Lowery should be preaching this funeral. Afterwards he shook my hand and thanked me for my ministry to the family.

However, it was not long before Dr. Lowery became Bob. I soon found out that this man who's passion was teaching God's word, was just a man. He was humble and grateful that God would allow him the privilege of teaching and preaching His word.

Now, several years later I have the privilege to do the same thing at Louisville Bible College. Every lesson I work on, every student I try and help, every time I read a book for the second time I am impacted by this man who will forever live on in me and in so many other grateful students.

Bob, I love you and thank God for what you have done in my life. As so many leave, my question is always the same. Who will step up? I know we will and that is when Bob will be forever honored.

No comments: