Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Committed

I was a big fan of Herschel Walker, running back for the University of Georgia Bulldogs. He was the man. “There Goes Herschel There Goes Herschel.” Then he did something I had never heard of. He left school early. He left after his JR year not to enter the NFL draft but the USFL Draft. Some guy named Donald Trump Gave him quite a bit of money. Being young at the time I was not as interested at that point in UGA. I was a fan of the Bulldogs but not really that committed.

I was a fair weather fan. Many of my friends in College were the same way with the Bulls. They win the big games with MJ we love them. He leaves the team retools not so much.

It is our commitment that determines whether or not we are a fan of Jesus or a Follower. Jesus Calls us to Carry a Cross. Followers pick it up and go where told. Fans leave it and find something easier to do.

This week at Shoals We will discuss what our committment is like to Christ. Are we a Fan or a Follower?

No comments: