Saturday, November 18, 2006

Here Come The Holidays

I know the word I use is quite provocative. It is not cool to use Holidays in our midst. In the last year we have been told about the War on Christmas. John Gibson and O'Reilly have told us about the Culture vacuum and that Christians are being fought on all sides. I do agree that there is a a culture war and we must do our part I am not sure about the war on Christmas. My guess is the Christmas being spoken of is not what Christ came into the world for. Greed and Materialism is not Christmas. Christ is Christmas. God in the Flesh coming to earth born of a virgin who was killed and bodily rose again is what Christmas is about. So I am not sure we should really care what a clerk at Target or Walmart tells us when we check out. Because I bet the Christmas their is not a Christmas worth fighting for.

2 comments:

Faultline USA said...

The culture war on Christmas is far more subtle this year. God is sending out emails. You might enjoy reading "A Progressive God Responds to the War on Christmas" at http://faultlineusa.blogspot.com/2006/11/progressive-god-responds-to-war-on.html

Matthew said...

Preacher Man I put it on CCJ's Blog